SRI LANKA RED CROSS SOCIETY
If you are proactive, highly motivated, results oriented and ready to embark on a challenging career – Come join us
Senior Social Mobilizer (EW and Disaster preparedness)
Based in Kurunegala District
Degree in social science, agriculture or any other related field with two years’ experience / Diploma in social works, agriculture or any other related field with five years’ experience
|– Experience in disaster preparedness, disaster risk reduction, community planning, PRA
– Previous experience in designing and implementing community based EW systems would be an added advantage
– Previous experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams and working with government stakeholders at provincial/ district and divisional levels
– Good communication and presentation skills
– Previous experience in M&E and quality assurance of community based projects
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds to deliver quality products;
– Be flexible and responsive to changes and demands;
– Be client-oriented and open to feedback
- Sound understanding of humanitarian, community and volunteer-based service interventions.
- Should be a quick learner with the ability carry out SLRCS management guidelines and procedures.
- Should be a team player who is self-motivated and with the ability to work under challenging circumstances.
- Abide by and work according to Red Cross and Red Crescent Fundamental Principles.
The SLRCS conducts its general administrative and operational affairs in English Language.
The appointment will be on a fixed term contract basis.
Only short-listed applicants will be called for interviews.
Please submit your applications to reach the below mentioned address on or before 22nd May 2019.
Sri Lanka Red Cross Society,
106, Dharmapala Mawatha,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org