If you are proactive, highly motivated, results-oriented and ready to embark on a challenging career – Come join us!!!
Manager – Disaster Management
HR REF 819
Based at National Headquarters
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Post-graduate degree with post-qualification experiences related to disaster management.
• A minimum of 05 years of post-qualification experience in a similar capacity in a reputed organization.
• Bachelor’s degree with post-qualification experiences related to disaster management.
• A minimum of 10 years of post-qualification experience in a similar capacity in a reputed organization.
• Diploma in disaster management or related discipline from a recognized institute.
• A minimum of 12 years post-qualification experience in a similar capacity in a reputed organization.
• Previous work experience in a similar role in an NGO / humanitarian agency is an advantage.
• Excellent conceptual/analytical skills in public health aspects.
• Sound knowledge of disaster management/climate change issues and familiarity with emerging related trends/issues.
• Demonstrated experience in administration, human resources, logistics and assets management.
• Well-developed skills in project implementation, social mobilization and awareness raising.
• Sound knowledge of disaster management.
• Excellent networking, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Well-developed language skills in oral and written English and Sinhala/Tamil.
• Excellent computing skills in MS Office.
• Sound understanding of humanitarian, community and volunteer-based service interventions.
• Should be a quick learner with the ability to adhere to SLRCS management guidelines and procedures.
• Should be a team player who is self-motivated and able of working under challenging circumstances.
• Abide by and work according to Red Cross and Red Crescent Fundamental Principles.
The SLRCS conducts its general administrative and operational affairs in English Language and the appointment will be on a fixed-term contract basis. Only short-listed applicants will be called for interviews;
Please email your application to; [email protected] OR post it to the
Sri Lanka Red Cross Society,
No. 106, Dharmapala Mawatha,
on or before 06.02.2023 with Reference Number HR REF 819