If you are proactive, highly motivated, results oriented and ready to embark on a challenging career
Come join us
|POST||QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE||COMPETENCIES REQUIRED|
|Senior Field Coordinator
(Climate Smart Agriculture)
Climate Resilience Integrated Water Management Project
Based in Kurunegala District
|· Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or related degree from a recognized institution.
· A minimum of two -years’ post-qualification experience in handling agriculture or related projects
· Diploma in Disaster Management, Agriculture or related discipline from a recognized institution.
· A minimum of five-years’ post-qualification experience
· Previous experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams and government stakeholders at provincial / district / divisional levels related to implementation of community-based projects, would be an added advantage.
|· Sound knowledge in Climate Smart Agriculture, Climate Change Adaptation, Disaster Preparedness and Early Warning sectors
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point, with report writing and data base management skills
· Proven skills in community planning, conducting Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRA), using participatory monitoring systems, and environmental management programs
· Sound communication and presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds to deliver quality products;
· Flexible and responsive to changes and demands
· Should be a team player who is self-motivated and with the ability to work under challenging circumstances.
Note: A valid riding license is a must since this is a field-based position
- Sound understanding of humanitarian, community and volunteer-based service interventions.
- Should be a quick learner with the ability carry out SLRCS management guidelines and procedures.
- Should be a team player who is self-motivated and with the ability to work under challenging circumstances
- Abide by and work according to Red Cross and Red Crescent Fundamental Principles.
The SLRCS conducts its general administrative and operational affairs in English Language. The appointment will be on a fixed term contract basis. Only short-listed applicants will be called for interviews.
Please email your application to [email protected] or post to Director General, Sri Lanka Red Cross Society, No 106, Dharmapala Mawatha, Colombo 07, on or before 20.10.2023 (HRM 838)